Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can We Get These Commercials On Every TV Satiation?

The Breastfeeding Stigma continues; Facebook is still removing photos, they have not agreed to completely stop. Fine or Die is the latest site to remove a BFing video. Moms and Babies are still being harassed. I just read of a women who was harassed in a Walmart today.  

 
A lot of the negative comments I have been reading compare BFing to going to the bathroom or having sex. It is disgusting that this is the image people have of the natural way to feed a baby.  I can't comprehend  how they can compare them. 

The other thing that is being said all the time is; Why can't you just go to the bathroom and nurse in there? Would you eat your lunch or dinner in a public restroom? 





Do you think we could get these commercials on every station? Would it make a difference?


















6 comments:

  1. Those videos are great and really hit home. I think part of what people don't understand is that babies need to eat every 2-3 hours. Or more! Women should not be expected to A). Stay home all day so they can be there just in case baby is hungry or B). Be near a bathroom just in case baby is hungry.

    And going back to the bathroom thing, regardless of the fact that it's gross, do people understand that most public bathrooms don't even have toilet seat covers? Do they expect women to just sit on the potty in their clothes? It's so nasty. I don't like PEEING in public bathrooms, much less feeding anyone in there.

    Stopping by from I Thought I Knew Mama...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I think that the more people stop and put their own feelings aside and start to see things for face-value is when they will realize that what they are saying and asking is ridiculous. We have a lot of educating to do!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Those were excellent. I think the last one was my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!