Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Favorite Post about "Bring Breastfeeding Back to Sesame Street"

Image By Joni Rae
This has been an amazing two weeks! I never thought that this would happen! The momentum is unbelievable, as I am typing we have over 25,000 signatures and they are continuing to go up! The Petition was only posted 13 days ago. I have come across a lot of post about my blog post / the petition these are my favorite.  First some amazing places that my blog has been discussed on. The most exciting was TIME.com, I was ecstatic when that showed up in my Google Alerts and it is so supportive!  Huffington Post was our first big break in the online seen. Annie from PhD in Parenting did an amazing article on Care2 which set the ball in motion. Thank you Annie! Now for my favorites! 



Now this mom is Hysterical! I think it is by far my most favorite post about #BFBack2SeasameSt. She starts off by saying, "Looks like we might get to see Abby Cadabby’s boobies after all!"  From there she discusses all the topics Sesame Street did not chose to touch upon, and how Breastfeeding shouldn't be one of them.  She ends with how in the 70's and 80's "the discussion was age-appropriate for young children.  What’s the big deal?" Great Post!


His wife should be proud, this working Dad's post rocks! Starts off by saying, "Sorry, when it comes to breastfeeding a baby, when a newborn baby is hungry, I do not care where the mother is, she needs to feed her baby. Breastfeeding is the preferred and natural way for a baby to be fed." He so gets it! He ends by saying, "I actually think that it is adults that would probably be in need of something like this given the reactions about breastfeeding in public lately. Kids should be seeing this at home if they have a younger sibling. For me, seeing a woman breastfeed is a wonderful thing to see, and if you have issues with it, too bad."


They did a great post, it's pretty funny to and too. Starts of with "Moms want more breastfeeding on Sesame Street… and thankfully, they don't mean between Muppets." Love it! She ends with, "I think it's about time Sesame Street features a non-sexualized explanation of women's breasts — I mean, look at how petrified Elmo was of Katy Perry's boobs!"


I love this one because it's very informative and it pays tribute to Buffy Sainte-Marie.
She's a pretty awesome woman!




Sunday Surf with Authentic Parenting and Hobo MamaI'm joining Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama for Sunday Surf. Share your best reading of the week, and link up your post at either blog!
For more great reading, visit Hobo Mama or Authentic Parenting for the latest Sunday Surf and linky.
Happy Surfing!

4 comments:

  1. This movement is so exciting to watch happen and be a part of....great job Lani!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cool, I am so glad you did this and that it's getting the recognition it deserves. I looooooooove those Sesame Street clips from the 70's and 80's and would so love to see this make an impact. Thanks so much, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinks Kristen! We are trying so hard to make this happen! The support has been amazing.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!